There are different steps in producing GSCO's high-quality sand products.
- Scalper - removal of debris present from the sand mined from the dunes.
- Sand is distributed into different size screens, resulting in "graded sand".
- Ordered sand may be in bulk, or packaged in 50-lb or 100-lb paper sacks, or 3,000-lb bulk bags.
For special-mix requirements, call the GSCo Hayward office for pricing and availability.
SANTA BARBARA NATURAL Scalped sand
GUADALUPE NATURAL (wet) Scalped and washed sand
GUADALUPE NATURAL (dry) Scalped, washed, and dried sand
GOLDEN FLINT line Scalped, washed, dried, and graded sand
TURFTOPPER line Scalped, washed, dried, and graded sand
Custom BLENDS Combination of dry sands, per customer
"Bulk" is the most popular form that GSCo sand is ordered. It is faster and easier to load for transport, and also offers the best per-ton price.
If packaged dry sand on pallets is required, listed below are the three options to choose from, based on your needs. Each pallet load has 3,000 lbs or 1.50 tons of sand.
- 50-lb paper sack -40 ea per pallet
- 100-lb paper sack - 30 ea per pallet
- 3,000-lb super sack